Thursday, November 20, 2008

Castling



"Castling is a special move in the game of chess involving the king and either of the original rooks of the same color. Castling consists of moving the king two squares towards a rook, then moving the rook onto the square over which the king crossed. Castling is considered a king move" (Hooper & Whyld 1992).

I woke up a few weeks ago from a dream. Actually, I would call it a vision because it was so vivid. In the vision, I was standing on a chessboard over on the corner in the Castle's position. I saw God reach down and pick me up by the head with His fingers - just as you would a chess piece. He picked me up, along with the King. He moved the King two spaces toward me, then put me in the space the King had just crossed. When I woke up, I heard God say very plainly and almost audibly, "I have castled you."

I find myself where I never dreamed I would be - not because of where I have landed, but because I would never have left where I was under any other circumstances. It's that Magna Doodle thing again - I was comfortable. I was happy. Everything was in its place. But God has plans for me that required 'Castling' me out from my little corner to where I could be free to move about the board.

I shared this story with a friend recently and she noted that just as in castling the purpose is two-fold, in my life, my personal castling was also two-fold. God, in addition to getting me out into the middle of the board so that I would be free to move, be and do all He has for me, He also used the move to protect me, just as castling is designed to protect the King... It was a brilliant move. It was an intentional move. It was a purposeful move. And I am thankful!

God has castled me and I am waiting with anticipation for His next move!

No comments: