
Have you ever played with a Magna Doodle? Probably not, unless you are much younger than me.... but it is a cool concept. Take a 'pen' which is actually a magnet and draw on the board, then when it's all full, or you get board with it, slide the little lever across the bottom, wipe it clean and start all over again.
I'm actually old enough to have grown up with the Etch-o-Sketch rather than a Magna Doodle - similar concept, but different. But it just seems like the Magna Doodle describes my life much more accurately.
I had my board all filled up with all these awesome drawings and words. It was perfect - at least I thought it was at the time. I had it all, and probably would have left it the way it was forever. But, what I didn't realize was that my Magna Doodle board really wasn't mine at all. It was never meant for me to draw on. My life is meant to be God's Magna Doodle. He's really the one who should be holding the pen.
There were things on my Magna Doodle that I would have never ever changed - ever... but they did. With one big swipe of the lever, the board was wiped clean. Not a single word or line left. It was blank. Nothing. Nada. Zero.
Now, you can approach a blank Magna Doodle two ways. You can panic and grieve over all that was lost, or, you can regroup and start over. No matter what, it will never be the same. But, it can be better. You can experience new things... things that you never would have otherwise. You can start fresh, with a world of possibilities open before you. There is no mold. There is no format. It is a clean slate - literally. And the sky's the limit.
But, be careful of who is holding the pen. If it is you, watch out... it might be good, but may not be best. Or it might really be horrible. But if you continually surrender the pen to God and let Him draw on the board the way He wants to, you will for the first time in your life be fully alive. Do you trust Him? Do I trust Him?
Honestly, I've never been more in place of total dependence and trust than I am right now. And God used that 'wiping of the slate clean' in my life to get me here. Hell of a way to get to this point, but I wouldn't change where I am for anything. So I guess He does know what He's doing, doesn't He?

1 comment:
I love you Cath. I was moved by that validation as was Walker. His message was so clear to so many, in so many different ways. I am so glad that your validation came during that message. "WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHO IS AGAINST YOU IF GOD IS FOR YOU?" That really does simplify a lot of what we give so much worry and grief to. That is something to chant to yourself over and over. It has made such a change in my thinking and eased my heart. This blog will be a great comfort to you although I am one who journals. I like writing. I express myself better I think and some of the things I'd like to leave as a legacy.....there won;t be much money left after the inauguration and administration to come.
Love you and I will always be here for you!
Post a Comment