I don't like to wait. It is hard to sit still, to be in limbo, to not have a plan... especially when you are me! But it's all I can do. There is nothing more for me to do in this season but to wait, to trust, to depend. These things are difficult for me, and in addition to knowing me intimately better than anyone else, God loves me too much to not 'help' me work on them. He has found a very effective way of teaching me to wait on Him.I have questions. I have things that I hope for, that I long for, that I pray for. I have vision. I have dreams. I have a calling and anointing on my life for specific things. But I'm waiting. Some of the things I am waiting for may never come to pass. Some may not end up the way I think they should or the way I want them to. But I'm waiting. I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be. But I still feel the sting of the losses in my life. And I'm waiting. Actually, I don't even know what I'm waiting for, really. I have absolutely no idea what it will look like, where I will end up, how things will look... Yet I'm waiting.
John Waller wrote a song that was recently used in the soundtrack for the Christian film, "Fireproof". When I heard it in the theatre, it brought tears to my eyes. This is my heart's cry during this season of waiting. I am not always hopeful or peaceful in this time of waiting, but I still sing it as my prayer. I will continue to serve and worship Him Who is worthy - while I'm waiting... because He is good and He is for me. Nothing else ultimately matters.
"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will waitI will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting,
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

No comments:
Post a Comment