Today has been a glorious day here in Georgia. The fall leaves are very near peak, the sun is shining, the temperature is mild. The day begged to be enjoyed from the outside, rather than in.
Walk-abouts with Jake are a daily occurrence but we typically walk around the neighborhood. Today, Kennesaw Mountain beckoned and I did not refuse.

I hadn't planned on walking all the way up the road to the top, but once I got started, the beauty sucked me in and I couldn't stop. I captured some of the scenery in photo form, but sometimes, things just have to be experienced in order to realize their full impact. Such was the case today.
It was peaceful, it was mesmerizing, and it was a walk-about not only with Jake, but also very much so with my Father. He was especially near as we journeyed up the mountain and back down again. After all, this beautiful scenery was all His doing - the Master Artisan that He is!
Once we got back down the mountain, I decided to run some errands. One of them was to drop by and check my PO box. I've often had Jake with me when I've swung by, and because he is not actually "human", he has had to stay in the car and wait for me to run in and run out. Sometimes he doesn't mind, and sometimes he does. Today, he did.
I told him that I would be back in just a minute, but as soon as I got out of his eye-shot, the barking began. I was in there less than 20 seconds - but you'd think I had abandoned him for weeks or that he was in some danger... It was pathetic.
As soon as I got back into the car, these words came out of my mouth. "You see, Jake, here I am. I will never leave you or forsake you. If you only knew how much I love you, you would trust me." No sooner did those words leave my lips did I stop cold with the realization that what I had just said was never more true than with God. If we only knew how much He loves us - we would realize that He only wants what's best for us, that He will never abandon us, that He will move mountains to care for us, to protect us, to come to our aid.
I'm just a mere mortal - but I know how much I love my dog. I'd do just about anything for him, for his comfort, his protection, his well-being. How much more so the God of the Universe, the Creator of all things beyond what we can even comprehend.
If we only knew how much He loved us - we wouldn't stress out over the stuff of life, because we would know that He would do anything to protect us.

No comments:
Post a Comment