I recently heard a quote that the quickest way to find the sun is not to run west chasing after the sunset, but rather to run east, into the darkness toward the sunrise...
As I look back on my journey, that is exactly what I have done. There are some who misunderstand the peace I have in the midst of the upheaval in my world. I have been accused of "running". If I am running anywhere, it is straight into the darkness, into the hard places, into the valley of the shadows, doing the hard work in pursuit of every ounce of healing, wholeness and freedom God has for me.
There is no explanation for the peace that comes from being exactly where God means for you to be. There is no logic for the joy that comes up from these desert places. But I have been running after the Son. And I am finding Him in the hard places. He is doing what He intended to do in my life through all of this because I have allowed Him full access. I have pressed in. I have chosen to trust Him like never before.
Alas, dawn is breaking... and as I have been told, I am closer than I know.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good word, sister.
Post a Comment