Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Missing pieces, there are not.

I went forward for prayer last Sunday and when I got there, she said to me that she had gotten a word, but didn't realize it was for me til I came up. She said, "You are destined for greatness. God has told you that you are destined for greatness, and you have heard Him say it. But you think that because of something you've done, or something that was done to you that you are no longer destined for greatness, but that's a lie. You are destined for greatness."

The tears began to flow for I have felt very disqualified, and that I will never be all that I thought I could be or what I hoped I would be.

Then she said to me, "The pieces are going to come together for you. You think that some of the pieces are missing, gone forever, but that's a lie. All of the pieces are still there."

This word hit me harder than the first, for I have also felt that I would live the rest of my life fragmented, that there would be gaps and holes, that I would never be whole. But she said that all of the pieces were still there - every one of them, and that they would fall into place.

I wonder what my life will look like 5 years from now, 1 year from now, 6 months from now, next month, next week??? I have no idea, but I can trust that God will not allow me to live holey, as in, with holes. Rather He wants me to live 'wholly', in wholeness...holy in His sight.

Destined for greatness? I just want my life to matter and I want to finish well. The great part about that is that it is exactly what my Papa wants for me too.

No comments: