
I find myself in the desert - in a very literal sense. I am in Tucson, AZ today, about to embark on a cross country road trip with my sister helping her drive back to Pennsylvania. One thing that has jumped out to me very blatantly in the past few hours since I've been here is the extreme dryness.
The desert is a dry place - it is a place where the need for water becomes so much more evident, so much more obvious, than it does in places where the humidity is high. The human body needs water all the time, but is never more aware of that need until it is in a place where it is most definitely not.
As I drink water and still remain thirsty, I am mindful of the figurative desert I have been in over the past year. It has been dry, yet here in this place of dryness, loss, grief, pain... I have never been more aware of my need for Living Water. I understand what the Psalmist was saying when he penned these words:
The desert is a dry place - it is a place where the need for water becomes so much more evident, so much more obvious, than it does in places where the humidity is high. The human body needs water all the time, but is never more aware of that need until it is in a place where it is most definitely not.
As I drink water and still remain thirsty, I am mindful of the figurative desert I have been in over the past year. It has been dry, yet here in this place of dryness, loss, grief, pain... I have never been more aware of my need for Living Water. I understand what the Psalmist was saying when he penned these words:
63:1 God—you're my God! I can't get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.His Presence is profound in the places of desolation. He may be harder to feel, but He is there. I wouldn't change what He has been doing, and continues to do in my life in this desert place - as painful as it has been - for I would never have realized my thirst for Him to this degree without it.

No comments:
Post a Comment