It's been 3 years since the events that sparked this blog took place. In the year since my last post, I have continued to allow God's healing hand to have its way in my life and am moving forward more fully into my destiny.In June 2010, I began a ministry called "Simply-Worship." Simply-Worship is a non-profit ministry devoted to developing great worship leaders from the inside out. It addresses the heart issues of character, authenticity and integrity, as well as provides practical tools for effective and skillful worship leadership. Simply-Worship is a resource to the Church through one-on-one coaching, consulting, teaching, training and mentoring. Find out more here.
I am in essence a missionary to the local church living on missionary support. I have given my life to helping raise up worship leaders who lead from the deep places of their own personal intimacy with God.
The road has been long. The road has been painful, yet, here I stand safely on the other side of what I thought I would never survive. I still believe it was worth it and I wouldn't trade what God has done through it for anything.
I have documented the songs that were birthed out of this season on an EP recording which is now available to stream at HERE, and for purchase HERE.
A few of the songs have been blogged about on this site. You can find those posts here: Run East, There's A Table and Take Off Your Shoes.
In March of 2011, I emerged from what St. John of the Cross refers to as "The Dark Night of the Soul." It was time to write the song that couldn't be written before. It is the title cut to my CD,
"Safely Through."
The road is long, the road is dark, the road is scary
There's fire all around
It's burning hot, burning deep, burning all that is not holy
Will I ever make it out?
I have a sense I'm not alone but I cannot see You
I'm deafened by Your silence
Even so, my heart is Yours, my heart is for You
You're my only hope
Will I make it through the night
Will I make it through the fight of my life
Will I make it through the long, dark night of my soul
Will I ever breathe again
And drink deeply of Your joy
Will I make it through the long, dark night of my soul
One by one I've seen You gather scattered pieces
Even those I thought were lost
With Your hand You've worked Your plan You Have shown mercy
You have shown Yourself strong
I wouldn't wish away this road that I've been walking
No, I wouldn't trade a thing
Because of You I stand restored, I am forgiven
I stand before You free
I made it safely through the night
I made it safely through the fight of my life
I made it safely through the long, dark night of my soul
And I can finally breathe again
And drink deeply of Your joy
I made it safely through the long, dark night of my soul.
©2011 Cathy Little

No comments:
Post a Comment